What is Vital Oxide®?
Vital Oxide is a hospital-grade disinfectant authorized by Health Canada (DIN #2422654) and EPA for use against SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The disinfectant solution is also a mold & mildew killer, allergen eliminator, odour eliminator, food contact surface sanitizer (no rinsing required), soft surface sanitizer, and can be used for HVAC & air ducts.
With the safest SDS safety rating, Vital Oxide is colourless, 100% biodegradable, non-corrosive, and non-irritating to the skin. Its formula contains a unique form of stabilized chlorine dioxide with no VOCs that is effective at killing 99.999% of bacteria and viruses, including COVID19, Influenza, Norovirus, H1N1, MRSA, E. coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Legionella and more.
Official Vital Oxide Canada Distributor
Sanitization By Design is an authorized Vital Oxide Canada distributor. Based in Markham, we have been providing Vital Oxide products for a wide range of businesses and community organizations across Ontario.
4 Gallon Case
5 Gallon Pail
55 Gallon Drum
250 Gallon Tote
- Full Strength: Comes ready to use as a full-strength EPA & Health Canada hospital disinfectant for non-porous surfaces. Full strength is recommended for first-time use on surfaces. Full-strength should also be used in environments with high rates of bacteria, mold, and mildew and in high-traffic areas and high-touch points
- 5:1 Carpet & Rug Sanitizer: Mix 5-parts water to 1-part Vital Oxide to sanitize and deodorize carpets and rugs
- 9:1 Food Contact Surface & Daily Sanitizer: Mix 9-parts water and 1-part Vital Oxide to sanitize food contact surfaces (let stand 1 mins)or for daily sanitization (let stand 5 mins for non-food-contact, non porous surfaces)
Refillable Wipes Bucket
100% recycleable, Vital Oxide wipes are single-use disinfectant wipes for use against COVID19.
- 6 buckets with refills inside
- 6 refill packs (no buckets)
- Step 1: Write down the filling date on the space available on the label
- Step 2: Insert the wipes inside the bucket and fill the bucket by adding 750ml – 20,000 ml of Vital Oxide disinfectant
- Step 3: Wait 3 minutes for the wipes absorb the solution
- Step 4: Pull the center wipe from the roll and thread it through the lid opening
1 Product, 7 Solutions
Hard on Germs, Soft on You
Vital Oxide FAQ
Yes! Vital Oxide is one of the safest disinfectant solutions available on the market today while remaining one of the most powerful! It does not cause skin irritation, and will not cause skin to become sensitive to chemicals. In fact, it is not necessary to use personal protective equipment when handling it. If inhaled, it will not cause irritation to respiratory tissues. It is non-toxic if ingested. The EPA has given it the lowest toxicity rating (level IV). If the product is spilled, no special instructions for clean-up are required. Direct exposure to eyes may cause mild discomfort or eye irritation. It should be kept away from strong acids.
Vital Oxide has been proven to be effective against 99.999% of bacteria and viruses. See the complete kill list.
Surfaces that will contact clothing (e.g. chairs, seats, benches, etc) should be cleaned or rinsed with clean water between uses to prevent residue buildup that can occasionally alter the colour of clothing. Food contact surfaces do not need to be rinsed between uses, even when Vital Oxide is used at full strength.
Vital Oxide can be applied in several ways, depending on the surface type and surface area to be treated! It can be directly poured onto a cloth and wiped on surfaces, or it can be added to a spray bottle and sprayed on surfaces. For bigger jobs, it can be applied by a fogger/sprayer. For maximum efficiency and effectiveness, we recommend applying it with Victory electrostatic sprayers, Sanique electrostatic sprayers, and ULV foggers.
The disinfectant has a long shelf life, remaining completely effective for over one year after opening.
Vital Oxide kills microbes by chemically altering certain amino acids that contain sulfur. The amino acids are important building blocks in the proteins that help to form cell walls. When these proteins are destroyed, the cell wall ruptures and the organism dies.
In the chemical reaction, Vital Oxide takes an electron from the amino acid and coverts back to a chlorite ion. The amino acid gives up an electron, which causes oxidation and ends up killing the organism.
Store in original closed container in a cool, dry place away from heat and open flame. Do not allow product to become overheated in storage. Avoid prolonged storage temperature above 40°C or 90°F. This may cause increased degradation of the product, which will decrease product effectiveness.
Yes. Vital Oxide is an excellent disinfectant to use around the house. Some of the best places to use it at home are the musty basement, bathrooms where mildew has accumulated (or on surfaces to protect against mold and mildew), and the kitchen to keep food-contact surfaces clean. The disinfectant has also been tested on carpets and can be used around the house to sanitize carpets and upholstery.
Why use a fogger to apply Vital Oxide
- Deliver greater coverage
- Save time, labor, and cost
- Nedd less solution
- Reduce cross-contamination